For many years now, I’ve been teaching the art of filming and editing to thousands of people around the globe. Whether it’s speaker positions (for Canon, SWPP, IOV, OFVM), running an online tutorial website, delivering workshops on DSLR + Mirrorless cinematography, or giving 1:1 training, I have always enjoyed helping people, all with completely different abilities and needs.
The filming and editing training is completely bespoke to you and the level you’re at (so don’t worry if you’re a complete beginner). I’ve taught people from all sorts of sectors, from corporate to wedding, from vloggers to photographers to scuba drivers!
TOPICS ON OFFER
- Using cameras to film with (camera walkthrough, settings, lenses)
- Transition from ‘videography’ to ‘cinematography’
- Suitable filming and editing workflow ideas for bespoke edits and clients (with full examples to go through)
- Filming techniques (e.g. cinematic gliding, DOF, camera angles) (with behind-the-scenes footage to show)
- Suitable DSLR, mirrorless cameras, camcorder and audio settings for different situations
- How to work with High-Definition and 4K footage – keeping it crisp and clear
- Creative editing techniques and editing with storytelling in mind
- Adding the ‘Wow’-factor
- In-depth colour-grading tuition (creating/tweaking your looks within your NLE, plus the use of LUTs)
- Help with marketing/advertising/branding-awareness/reputation
AFTER EFFECTS TRAINING
Those who have dabbled with film editing know that editing packages can be somewhat limited when it comes to advanced VFX (visual effects).
This is where Adobe After Effects comes in. It allows users to create impressive motion graphics, VFX, compositing, motion tracking, advanced cinemagraphs, 2D and 3D animations, and more.
With many years of experience in this exciting program, I’m now opening up the doors to offer bespoke training in a 1:1 environment (in person, or online via Skype screen-share).
AFTER EFFECTS VFX PORTFOLIO
TOPICS ON OFFER
- Basic walkthrough of After Effects
- Keyframe animation (text/graphics)
- 3D integration, lighting, animation
- Motion tracking
- Compositing and 3D cameras
- ‘Live’ connection between After Effects and Premiere Pro
- + bespoke training to suit your needs
It’s £50/hour for training, and all you need to bring is yourself, a notepad or laptop, equipment/footage (optional), and I’ll provide the rest (plus lunch + refreshments for any bookings over 4 hours). Alternatively, if it is more beneficial for you or your company, I can travel to you with my equipment and editing laptop. Discounts are applicable for training parties of 2 or more.
For those looking to learn both filming and editing, I would recommend a full-day booking (e.g. 10am-4pm).
Simply contact me via the contact page and we can discuss potental dates. I look forward to helping out!
If it’s specifically wedding film training, you’re after, please do head on over to my other site, WedFilm Academy, where you’ll find lots of info, examples, and testimonials.